Room To Breathe

This is my place to share stories and anecdotes about my superficially mundane life. It's my space to vent, where I can figuratively dance for joy and give virtual hugs. It's a nook where I can unload heavy emotions and express other overwhelming baggage... good and bad. This is my room to breathe.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, January 01, 2007

Daring Myself to Make New Year Resolutions

At last, the last reminders of Christmas have been carefully packed and tucked away in the deep recesses of our garage. It is New Year's Day and my house if looking like its normal self again. Cluttered and sans the holiday decorations.

Aside from the fact that we seem to be passing around the cold and cough bug within the family, the holidays passed swiftly and most pleasantly by. We all had a great time visiting friends and family in New Jersey and New York. AGT's wedding went off without a hitch. Its simplicity and intimacy bellying the depth of love and excitement that was shared by everyone who witnessed it. Then by the time we drove home, it was Christmas Eve. After a quick Christmas Eve meal, both kids were in a rush to get to bed for once. AJ wanted to make sure that he was asleep by the time Santa Claus peeked in his window to see if he and his sister could get their presents. True enough, he was the first one up and half dragged me and his father down the steps to witness the spectacle that Santa left behind.

Then, there were the usual gatherings among our friends here with tables groaning of food and drinks and stories overflowing. Between our brief holiday out East and tonight, I think that I have packed in an extra layer of fat as a sweet remembrance of the holidays.

Of course, I have to mention that my darling AT turned two years old before the year was over. Although still a baby in my eyes, I'm expecting her to just "mature" exponentially this coming year... just like her older brother. One day it's all just baby talk, and the next you'll be conversing to each other and realize that you can understand each other intelligibly.

So for the new year, I look into this screen and try to anticipate what the coming year brings for me and my family. Now, more importantly, I guess that I should also think about what I can do for myself and my loved ones for this year.

A very good friend from high school has always been encouraging me to write down my goals (reasonable ones, no winning the lottery sort of thing) since it will help propel me towards achieving them. So now, I'm giving it a try and hopefully when I look back on this post same time next year, I'll be able to tick everything off with aplomb.


2007 Resolutions:

1. Make myself and my family healthier by eating sensibly and exercising more.
2. Stick to my budget and lower our debts.
3. Keep my home AND car tidier.
4. Learn at least two new skills.
5. Have more quality family time together.

So, good luck to me then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home