Room To Breathe

This is my place to share stories and anecdotes about my superficially mundane life. It's my space to vent, where I can figuratively dance for joy and give virtual hugs. It's a nook where I can unload heavy emotions and express other overwhelming baggage... good and bad. This is my room to breathe.

Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Holiday Updates

I can't believe that it's been almost two months since my last post! Actually, correct that, I can believe it for I've been whirling around like Taz for the past two months. As always when the Christmas season approaches, I try to cram in everybody's schedules into such limited hours of the day. There's the usual playing chauffer to my kids' various activities (they seem to have a more exciting social life than I do!), trying and failing to keep the house from looking like a pigsty, and my pathetic attempts to finally whip my body in shape for my best friend's wedding.

Now with barely a week to go, I get sick! Beautiful! At least it gives me time to write down a few random and Nyquil-induced thoughts in this blog. I figured that mind-over-matter should do the trick to shake off this awful bug. I've also declared myself a pariah to my family to limit transferring the bug to anybody else. We have a wedding to go to, people! Oh yeah, plus of course, it's going to be Christmas soon, and nothing makes for an awful Christmas than shivering under the covers.

Speaking of shivering and Christmas, I must say that it isn't beginning to look a lot like Christmas where I'm from right now. Except for that freak frigid blast last week (which coincided with my friend's arrival in Canada --- always been teasing ML that the weather always heralds his arrival), it's been relatively mild this year. The kids are waiting for their schoolbus in the corner in their sweaters instead of looking like mummies bundled up in coats, scarves and hats. I can still walk to and from the car looking like I'm just taking a stroll along the boardwalk unlike the past winters where I'd mutter expletives as I try to whisk off my kids to wherever there's warmth. Naturally, having written these things, I expect there to be a raging blizzard tomorrow. Hahaha! Well, it should be okay I guess. My children's sled has been forlornly waiting at our basement's corner. And my hubby's snowthrower is still as brand-spanking new as the day we bought it AFTER the freak snow storm last year.

Anyway, I am dreaming of a white Christmas, but please let all the snow come in after we get back from our trip! As I mentioned earlier, my best friend, AG (soon to be AT --- or maybe I should write her down as AGT to prevent confusion from my daugther AT), will marry the love of her life, RT this December. I am soooo psyched! We have gone through a lot of milestones together, and this is one where I'm very, very happy to celebrate with her. I'm just hoping that it won't be as "eventful" as my weddings --- civil and church --- have been. Getting married is memorable enough, let's limit them to good memories. No late judges that act like priests, no bible-selling impostors, and please, don't let five bombs go off around the city!

To quote the trite cliche, I must park my pen now. The room is beginning to swirl and that only means that I must nuzzle the pillows again. Thank goodness my little angel, AT is napping, and AJ is busy coloring his workbook. Must grab this little bit of quiet time to crash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home